Are you looking for an inspiring family eco-home that reduces your carbon footprint and saves money on heating, without compromising beauty or comfort? We have the perfect solution.
Click here for information about Green Unit modular accommodation buildings for holiday retreats and holiday lets.
A complete eco-home delivered to site
ARC™ eco-homes are swiftly delivered to site on lorries and craned into place. A pre-assembled standard specification eco-home includes: -
- Lighting, plumbing, heating, ventilation
- Floor and wall finishes
- Kitchen and bathroom
- Building regulation and warranty certification
During the 8-step process of creating your home, you will have the freedom to choose interior finishes, flooring, tiles, kitchen and bathroom fittings and heating options, including: in-wall and ducted heating to ventilation systems and cosy log burners.
ARC eco-homes are made watertight within a few hours of delivery, and once on site (subject to conditions) they can be habitable in just a few days.
Whether you are planning to create a new home off-grid or in an urban area, ARC eco-home’s curves, cedar cladding and green roofs equally compliment both environments.
Holiday Rental or Holiday Resort Business
With the modular build of ARC eco-holiday homes, your green holiday rental home can be habitable within a matter of weeks. In one seamless process you can configure your ARC and select your fittings and finishes, saving time and crucially avoiding the delays that arise with multiple trades on traditional builds. The ARC provides the resort owner with a unique opportunity to differentiate their marketing proposition.
Unsure what size holiday home you need?
Your low carbon holiday home can evolve with you. According to your own preferences, you can choose to move internal walls, change the style of windows, doors and internal finishes as well as add new modules or even new buildings, connected by glazed link sections.
Designed and built by craftsmen in the UK, the ARC with its 10-year warranty, life expectancy of 100+ years and ISO9001 and IS014001 approved manufacturing processes, offers an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to own a unique and stylish holiday home or start a holiday resort.
- Quick and inexpensive to erect – minimal foundations needed
- Low running costs – high performance insulation means you’ll hardly ever need to use the heating
- Bespoke modular sections let you create the perfect home for your needs
- Easy to extend as you need more space – simply add new modules
- Long lifetime – engineered to offer exceptionally robust building performance
- Year-round comfort – warm in winter, cool in summer and healthy air all year round, with climate control, air heat exchanger, triple glazing and air-filtering system
- Ventilation system offers pollen-free fresh air and helps avoid condensation
- Planning-friendly – classified as a relocatable temporary structure
- Large end windows for light-filled rooms-with-a-view
- Soundproofed walls create privacy
- Off-grid renewable energy system available as an upgrade
|Green Unit buildings||Traditional buildings|
|Planning permission||Classed as permanent or temporary where permanent planning consent is impossible||Full planning consent usually required for permanent buildings|
|Foundation type||Lightweight building on helical piles requires minimal ground preparation and disruption||Soil removal, engineering and concrete pour usually costly, time consuming and disruptive|
|Speed of installation||Pre-made, pre plumbed, buildings are quick to install with no cost escalation||Lengthy preparation, first , second and finish fixing stages with cost escalation risk|
|Energy performance||Highly insulated, climate controlled with air heat exchanger and triple glazing||At risk of energy loss by air leakage and cold-bridging through walls and widows|
|Sustainability||Timber construction, sheep’s wool and green roof produce negative carbon footprint||Materials and production processes require heat energy, heavy transport, produce CO2|
|Design configuration and reconfiguration||Modular design allows unique individual configuration and low-cost reconfiguration choices||Bespoke design and reconfiguration time-consuming and costly|
• 1 bedroom
• 2 bedroom
• 3 bedroom
• 4 bedroom
Entry door options
• French doors to side of building
• French doors to front of building
• French doors to rear of building
• Single door to rear of building
• Combination of end and side doors
• Front/rear feature window
• Roof window
• Wall window
• Mansard window (combined roof and wall windows)
• Additional bathroom
• Store room
• Double barrelled
• Complex of multiple buildings
• Built-in sideboards
• Built-in tables and benches
• Built-in box beds
• Wardrobes and storage systems
• Lime render
• Red cedar cladding
• Decking in a range of dimensions
• Varnished or painted pine walls
• Fabric-covered dividing walls
• Flooring in rustic oak, white oak, dark walnut, tile, vinyl or carpet
• Solid panel door in oiled oak or limed oak
• Frosted or clear glass panelled door