We're scaling up and moving to a larger production site, and we're selling our show unit as part of the move.
The unit is in very good condition, having been used primarily as a show unit space and for client meetings at Green Unit.
Due to its modular design, we can lift the building from its current position and transport it to another site - anywhere in mainland UK that can be accessed by road transport and a crane.
The show unit is only six years old - built in early 2013. The ARC is built to a very high specification and has a design life that's no different to a normal bricks and mortar building.
The 40 sqm show unit (three road transportable pods) is an ideal one bedroom home/annex or holiday let, or could be used as a fully equipped office suite.
For £60,000 + VAT you'll receive a full turnkey service, including:
- 40 sqm gross internal area (floorspace) - 4m x 9.6m
- 46 sqm useable space (due to curvature of the walls) - 4.8m x 9.6m
- 55 sqm external dimensions - 5.5m x 10m
- glazed window on one end
- living green roof
- kitchen - equipped with oven, induction hob, fridge-freezer, Belfast sink, worktop space
- living area - open plan living area integrated with kitchen area
- premium wood burner installed within living space
- bathroom - sink, toilet, and spacious shower
- bedroom / office area - suitable for a double bed (or two twins), or three desks (if an office)
- mechanical heat recovery ventilation system
- plant room - the building's hot water and electrical utility equipment
- groundworks for foundations (subject to site access survey) and delivery to your site. Note that locations that are more than 100 miles from the Green Unit factory (South Oxfordshire) will be charged an additional £500 per hundred miles, or part thereof.
- the show unit will be sold 'as seen', however modifications can be made at an agreed cost
- connections to services (water, drainage, electricity, broadband) are not included and would be charged as applicable
- access to your site will be required - we transport the ARC building via articulated lorry and crane it onto pre-prepared foundations on your site
- to buy this unit currently would cost £104,000 + VAT
- given dimensions (above) are rounded
- we're selling the show unit because we're moving to a larger production site and would need to move the building to the new location in any case. Selling it allows us to build another show unit to suit the business' growing needs.
We filmed one of our videos in the show unit - take a look inside it.
Will I need planning permission?
Yes, you will need to ensure you have planning permission for the show unit.
The size of the building (40 sqm floor area) is above the limit for permitted development (30 sqm), meaning that planning permission will be needed.
The Planning Portal has a lot of good information about planning permission.
Working with a planning consultant can be invaluable in the planning process. Planning consultants will often provide a free 30 minute consultation to indicate whether an application is likely to get consent. We can recommend a planning consultant who is familiar with the ARC building.
If you're interested in buying our show unit, please use this enquiry form to let us know. Select the tick-box 'Interested in buying show unit'.
We're selling the unit for £60,000 + VAT. To enquire, please use this enquiry form selecting the option 'Interested in buying show unit'.
We'll invite you to visit the showroom in South Oxfordshire where you'll be able to view the unit and ask our team any questions you may have before confirming the details of the sale.
Please note that you will need to have planning permission for the building. A planning consultant may be able to give you an indication whether planning permission will be granted on your site. This initial advice is often provided by planning consultants free-of-charge.